Wednesday, March 19, 2014

I didn't expect to be writing here again!

Hello again, readers. It's been a few months since I've written a post. I've spent the last nine months dating a man who I felt was my lobster. However, things did not work out that way. I'm going to respect our privacy and not air our personal business. Corey has many wonderful qualities, but I had reasons which led me to end our relationship. I'm working through my feelings, because although this is my doing, I am still hurting. It's not easy to turn off nine months of feelings and memories. I'm hoping that one day I will wake and go through my day without everything reminding me of him. Whether or not I made the right decision, I'm not entirely sure, but what is done is done.

Instead of detailing my relationship with Corey, I've decided to focus on what I learned or had reaffirmed about myself during our time together.

First and foremost, I hate conflict. I can't stand to get into a fight or argument with anyone. As a result, I seem to keep things that bother me in a relationship to myself. As I bottle my annoyances up, they eat away at me until I am too angry. This is when I am forced to talk with my significant other. This happened with Corey. I know that this is a huge area I need to work on in myself. I have to get over my fear of confrontation and bring issues up immediately.

The other thing I learned about myself is that I live too much in the future. I'm constantly thinking about what's coming next instead of enjoying the present fully. This is my number one priority right now. Having a daughter who is growing so quickly is helping me to remember to enjoy each and every moment.

Finally, I'm too rigid and rash. Once I make a decision, I don't want to back down and I want to proceed with said decision immediately. I don't know why; perhaps I feel changing my mind makes me look weak. Whatever the reason, I have to learn to be slower in making decisions and be open to flexibility in all areas.

It's weird being single again after all this time, but I'm sure I'll get used to it again. Right now I'm enjoying some down time with my daughter and doing things I enjoy while I heal and learn more about myself.

Now I stand on the precipice of entering the dating world yet again. The prospect is both exciting and scary. I look forward to sharing with my readers when I begin dating in the months to come. Here's to hoping this time around is less humorous to read!

Xoxo,
Leia

No comments:

Post a Comment