Wednesday, July 3, 2013

I am not proud of myself, but I blame the male gender

"Two Shots" was another disappearing act although it was a little different than the stories I have previously shared.  He lived about four hours away.  We both acknowledged that the distance would be difficult but if we hit it off, the distance could be worked with.  So, we planned to meet for an entire weekend.  The town he lived in is supposed to be great; I reasoned that if we met for dinner and didn't hit it off, I'd just check out the town on my own.  We were both excited about meeting, and from our conversations, it seemed that we were both on the same page in what we were looking for. We both clicked and had great conversations.

The morning of our meeting, I was amped up.  I had packed for the weekend. I woke early to get my workout in and while I was exercising, I got a message from him.  He said he had some medical issues in the male regions and was in the ER.  Eventually, he told me that he wouldn't be up for company that weekend, and he had some pretty major medical issues going on that would need treatment.  He needed some time to sort through all that and think about things. 

The next day, I messaged him to let him know I was thinking about him.  Later on, I noticed that he had defriended me on Facebook and blocked me on the dating site.  When I realized that, I (after goading on from my best friend) sent him a not very nice message about his planning to disappear on me.  In brief, it asked if he had lost some of his male anatomy the previous day. He did respond and said he was not interested anymore, and I moved on.  Who needs to drive four hours anyway?

Did this particular man deserve that? Perhaps or perhaps not.  Was it a low blow? Definitely, but I, and I'm sure many other women in the dating scene, are tired of being played and discarded without so much as a goodbye.  It did feel good and satisfying at the moment.  Although, I do regret sending that message now.  I usually try to keep it above that level. I would take it back if I could. Oh well...

XOXO,
Leia

No comments:

Post a Comment