Tuesday, July 2, 2013

The ever popular disappearing act

This post will detail a last few guys that I did not meet because they went missing.  That seems to be a popular way in which to handle a woman when the interest has waned.

I was quite excited to meet Dieter. He had a job that had him traveling around the world, he was from a foreign country, and he always called when he said he would (this was while I was reading Greg Behrendt's book).  We planned our meeting a month in advance due to traveling.  Be still, my type A heart.  The night before meeting, he called me and said that we might have to meet later than expected.  His sister was coming in, and he had to meet her for a bit first, but we would definitely meet.  The morning of our date, I received a message from him.  "Bad news. I need to reschedule. Sorry."  No explanation. That's it.  I was angry so I didn't plan to respond and wait to see if he actually tried to reschedule.  He never did. Good riddance.

"Spiderman" and I talked on and off for four months.  We talked on the phone a lot, and both wanted to meet.  However, he was always busy working so scheduling it was difficult.  I finally gave up trying.  Out of the blue, he contacted me and wanted to take the day off work and travel the two hours to take me to dinner.  I was surprised and happy.  Two days before our date, I sent him a suggestion for dinner.  He looked at the website and agreed it would be a good place to meet.  The night before our date, I texted him to find out what time to expect him.  Not a word, still to this day.

"Mama's Boy" was a local, and we messaged on a daily basis for a couple of weeks.  He kept asking to meet but every time I gave him a day that I was free, he never took me up on the offer.  Finally, we found a couple hours we could meet up.  The morning of our meeting, he texted me that his mom was flying in and he couldn't meet.  He continued texting for a couple more days before disappearing into thin air.

A message to guys and girls: if you're not interested in someone, be honest and don't disappear.  It's better know than to wonder what happened.

XOXO,
Leia

No comments:

Post a Comment