Saturday, July 6, 2013

The false lobster

"Cheesy Poof" was one of my favorite people to meet.  He was witty, always quick with a comeback, and a blast to be around.  We planned our first date to be a bar hopping adventure in Orlando.  I looked forward to meeting him and when I did, I was not displeased.  He startled me at first, because he opened my car door for me.  I'm sad to report that he was the first man to do that for me that I can remember.  What a gentleman, I thought.

We started out a great antique store/bar.  It was so neat to enjoy my wine amongst cool treasures.  Then, we went to downtown Orlando.  This was my first trip downtown.  I was excited about seeing what Orlando had to offer.  We tried a different drink each different establishment.  What fun!  He got me to try new things such as a dill pickle shot and chocolate milk shot.  And what do you know...they were both great.  After everything closed that night, we walked around Lake Eola and stood looking at the moon for a while.  It was very romantic.

After this, we went to his apartment.  I was going to stay on the couch instead of going back home.  We talked a bit more before going to sleep.  We spent much of the next morning talking and learning more about each other.  When we parted ways, he said that he wanted to do it again.  I was what I call cautiously optimistic.  I have had many good first dates that didn't turn into anything.

However, over the week that followed, he and I kept in good contact.  Maybe he had lobster potential after all.  We did have difficulty making time for a second date.  Between my limited schedule and his friends coming to visit, we were unable to make plans for weeks.  About a month later, it seemed that a second meeting would be possible.  He mentioned that he and his friends were talking about a trip to a local springs here for a day of kayaking.  I was looking forward to seeing him.

In the week leading up to this rumored trip, I started receiving fewer and fewer messages from him and if I even hinted at seeing him, he read my message and didn't respond (those darn read receipts strike again).  I was getting more than a little frustrated.  He finally let me know that he wasn't coming to town.  At this point, I could care less, but I had a little nagging feeling in the back of my head that told me something was up.

When I could handle it no longer, I texted him and asked pointblank if he had met someone.  He actually read and responded to this message.  And, of course as my suspicion told me, he had met someone.  I don't know why he wouldn't just tell me that earlier.  We were both looking for our lobster, and if he found his, he was lucky.  I told him just that.  "Cheesy Poof" was a great guy and really did nothing wrong to me except just wait for me to ask what was up. I do hope that he is happy and found someone that makes him happy, but he is not of the lobster quality that I had hoped.

XOXO,
Leia

No comments:

Post a Comment