Saturday, June 15, 2013

And I thought I was impatient.

Today brings my first entry about a guy who I did not even need to meet to know he wasn't lobster material.  Peter and I conversed for a few days before exchanging telephone numbers.  He was nice enough in messages although my best friend did not approve of him (there is a whole other post about my friend's judgment). 

One day, he asked me to give him a call because he wanted to talk on the phone.  I told him that I had to work out and then would call.  Well, after my work out was done, my workout buddy wanted to grab dinner.  I agreed and sent Peter a message letting him know about the change of plans and that I could call him after. He sent back, "If you want." I showed my friend the message, and she said that he was mad.  Well, about two hours later, when I finally had time to call, I sent him a text, "Do you want me to call now?"  He responded with, "Nah, I'm good." My friend was right.  He was mad. This did not give me a good feeling at all.  It was not as if I had blown him off; I notified him of the change in plans, but apparently that was not good enough.  We never texted or spoke again.  I guess my friend's judgment about him had been correct all along.

XOXO,
Leia

No comments:

Post a Comment