Saturday, June 22, 2013

If he only had a heart.

"Tin Man" was a project that I so dearly wanted to undertake. He was funny, sweet, and utterly gorgeous. We met for coffee, and an hour passed in what seemed like a few minutes. After, we decided to go to his house and continue our conversation. Have you ever talked with someone until 4 in the morning and never run out of anything to say? Well, that is what happened with us. We talked about everything from my mom and sister passing to his mom's illness. We learned about each other's childhoods and adolescent years. We shared our stories of how our marriages ended (that is where his nickname comes in...how his marriage ended was devastating and he was clearly a broken man that had a lot of healing left to do). I so wanted to be the woman to heal him.  We parted ways after hours of talking, and I hoped to see him many more times. However, that is not what happened.

After our meeting, his mom's illness took a turn for the worst, and his attention was obviously focused on her. We talked and decided not to see each other for a while. His mom was his main concern, and he could not have a relationship at the time.  It was, perhaps, a good thing that we didn't see each other. My best friend and I talked about "Tin Man" a lot. She kept reiterating that his is broken, and a project man is not what I need. So, it was much difficulty that I put him in the past. I need a whole lobster in my life. 

A last note on this story: months later, I began communicating with another man. We shall call him "Tin Man 2". He and I became Facebook friends and as one does, I checked out his page. I noticed a couple of things. One, he was very recently separated from his wife, as in months, and was still posting sad, mysterious break up posts. Two, he and I had a mutual friend. He was close friends with my original "Tin Man". What are the odds that I'd end up meeting yet another broken man who happened to be social with someone else I dated? That meeting never occurred. He was certainly much further from being whole that his friend. 

XOXO,
Leia

No comments:

Post a Comment