Sunday, June 23, 2013

I have a weakness for accents

"SA" made my knees quiver just by talking. He was not only funny, interesting, and attractive, he had an accent that sounded like a mix of British and Australian. There's something about a foreign accent that gets me. I could literally listen to him talk for hours which I did.  We decided to meet for coffee on a Friday night. Our date was later in the evening, so I met my best friend for dinner. We were enjoying our meals and chatting away about who knows what. Then, my phone rang and it was "SA". When I answered and first heard his accent through the phone, I was hooked. He was checking in to let me know he was grabbing coffee before coming to meet me that night. After our call was over, I reported to my friend what he had to say. She asked, "He's getting coffee before meeting you for coffee?"

"Yeah, guess he likes coffee," I responded, not thinking anything. 

"Sounds like he's trying to knock out two dates in one night," she laughed back. 

Geez, why does she think this stuff! Now, I never asked or learned if this prediction was true, but I ignored he joke and went about my way for my date. 

We did have a nice time over coffee, but even though I loved listening to him talk, we didn't click. No future plans were made, and we went our separate ways. Alas, my soft spot for accents didn't make for a lasting connection. 

XOXO,
Leia

No comments:

Post a Comment