Saturday, June 15, 2013

Real boys can be jerks, too.

While this blog is mainly about my online dating experiences, I do have a couple of stories about "real" boys I met offline.  My friends say that the cure to my searching is to find a real person that someone I know knows.  Well, so far, that has not worked out either.

The first real man I met at the gym.  He was handsome and well put together, and every time I saw him, he would smile and say hi.  Now, some people would not believe me, but I am very shy when it comes to meeting new people. For weeks, I went to the gym without anymore than the casual greeting.  Finally, one day, I decided to be brave and talk to him, but first, I needed to do some recon.  I casually asked the lady at the front desk what she knew about him.  All she could tell me was he was young.  With nothing more to go on, I decided to wait.  Well, the next day, the same lady stopped me when I was checking in.  She told me that after I left, she had sent her daughter to talk to him for me. I was mortified.  And then I learned that her daughter learned he was only 22 years old.  Yikes! He did not look that young. And, of course, I did not pursue anything. That was too much of an age gap.  He did, however, hit on me a few days later.  The last little bit to this story is that I later learned he had a very serious girlfriend for the last year. Nice, right?

Real guy number two was not much better.  He was closer to my age, at least, but that is where the positive qualities end.  I was out with a friend having drinks and listening to music at a local place.  A woman approached us and said that there was a guy at the bar that was interested in talking to us.  He thought we were very beautiful and sent her over.  We figured, what the hell and said we'd talk to him.  He came strutting over and introduced himself.  Being new in town, he was trying to make new friends. My companion did not want to talk to him for herself because he was younger than she, so he latched onto my ear.  We talked for a while.  Well, she and I had been planning to go to a different location for dancing.  He wanted to tag along which he did. While there, he never really let me out of his sight.  We ran into more than one of his co-workers.  He introduced me as "his future wife." A little cheesy, in my opinion.  When he did it the second time, I looked at him and asked, "What's my name?" He was befuddled, and the person we were talking to coughed and left.  I reminded him of my name.  However, it happened another time, and he still could not remember my name.  The night did not get better, and his claim of being a "real southern gentleman" did not hold up.  I ran into him a few months later with some people I knew. While I was talking to them, he kept trying to pull their attention away from me. I suppose he didn't want his antics out.  When they kept talking to me, he walked up and put his arm around me. "Hey, what's up?" I brushed his arm off and ignored him.

There were a few other "real" people I met, but the stories aren't of much consequence as nothing came from them.  My friends still hold to the fact that Pinocchio is the way to go (he becomes a real boy; get it?).

XOXO
Leia

No comments:

Post a Comment