Friday, June 28, 2013

The Scumbag strikes again

When I first started my blog, I shared about a scumbag who had a girlfriend while he swore up and down that he didn't.  I kicked him to the curb and didn't look back.  However, a month or so down the road, he got a hold of me again and profusely apologized for his behavior.

"She wasn't my girlfriend. We just went out the one time. You didn't deserve what I did to you, and I want to make it up to you."

He begged and begged, and I finally agreed to meet him for dinner.  It was awkward to say the least. He shared that the girl who texted me was crazy and a pillhead, and he should've never went out with her.  "You are so much better than her."

Yet again, he seemed sincere. We started communicating again.  He wanted to delete our online profiles and date exclusively.  It was a bit fast for me, but I wasn't seeing anyone else so it didn't really change my situation. Besides, I like to focus on one person at a time.  I went online the next day to delete my profile.  He did not.  I asked about it, and he said that he couldn't figure out how to do it on his phone and would take care of it soon.

A few days before our fourth date, he texted me and a few other people a couple of funny pictures and videos. I responded and the text apparently it went to all of the numbers.  Two of the people responded to ask who I was. I explained that I was just responding to a group message.  No problem.  When the third number responded and I relayed the explanation, the person said, "Oh, this must be Kristen."

"This is not Kristen," was my response.

"Um, ok. Sorry."

Hmm, he seemed to be up to his old tricks. Our date was the next day, and I was hot.  He still had not deleted his profile and the whole text messaging thing was bothering me.  That night he let me know that he did not have a car and needed me to pick him up.  I was seething by the time that I got there, and it was obvious because he noted my changed demeanor on the drive to dinner.

We sat down and were talking.  I was building up my courage to confront him about the situation when he said that he was going outside to smoke a cigarette.

"You don't smoke," I said.

"Yeah, I do. I have one a day."

"I asked you, and you said you didn't smoke. I told you smoking is a dealbreaker."
"I didn't say that. Are you serious?"
"Totally."

He got up and went to smoke anyway. I couldn't believe that I had been pulled in again.  When he returned, we left.  I took him home and we never spoke again.  That chapter is definitely closed.  Burn me once, shame on you. Burn me twice, shame on me.  I have learned my lesson for sure.

XOXO,
Leia

No comments:

Post a Comment