Wednesday, June 26, 2013

He had enough baggage for three people

David and I never met, but the story is still an interesting one. We had a lot in common. We were both writers, we both had kids, and we both were looking for our other half. Our short communication went very well. He was interested and even wrote me a beautiful poem near the end of our contact. Our plan was to meet over a weekend. That Friday, he went mia. He was not one to disappear and not to respond to messages. I never heard back from him that weekend, but I did notice that he had added "my poem" to his dating profile. I was not happy.  He was obviously not being upfront and something was up.

Three days later, David contacted me. To get the full impact of what he said, let me first tell you about his children. David was the father of three kids with two different women. I have nothing against kids. I love kids and look forward to having another one some day. But I was leery of two other women to deal with. He told me that he had frequent contact with them. Ok, now that is out of the way, on to what he told me. David said that he found out one of his baby's mom was pregnant again, this time with twins, and guess what, he was the father. That is five kids with two different women, and he still wanted more. That weekend he had been dealing with that and some work stuff. Way too much for me to deal with. I told him that I just couldn't see dating him with all that going on. 

"I don't understand why this has to affect us," he said. 

He was less than happy when I continued to hold my ground, but he eventually left me be. A couple times, months later he tried to get my attention again, but with no success. Thoughts of the Brady bunch kept rolling through my brain. 

XOXO,
Leia

No comments:

Post a Comment