Monday, June 10, 2013

But he's in a band!

I hate to admit this, but I am such a cliché. This story serves to prove that point in two ways.  "Marriage Man" was yet another stop in my journey.  Two things really drew me to this man...one, he was a dog lover, and two, here comes cliché one, he was in a band. The thought of dating a guitarist was exciting, and brought out the teenage girl in me. So, on a Thursday night, I found myself face to face with the object of my infatuation.  He was, perhaps, one of nicest people I have ever met. It was obvious that he was truly interested in what I had to say. We had such a great conversation, so much so the waitress had to kick us out of the restaurant. One thing stuck out to me from our date; this man was ready to get married and have kids yesterday.  I hadn't been out of one relationship long enough to even consider that possibility.  Despite my objection, he still seemed to be interested in me.  Did I see him again? Nope, and this is where cliché two comes in. It pains me to admit this...I actually said, "He's just too nice." What is with the bad boy syndrome? Alas, "Marriage Man" and I did not go out again but have chatted a few times to check in with one another. I do hope that he is doing well and finding his lobster.

XOXO,
Leia

No comments:

Post a Comment