Thursday, June 27, 2013

Talk about rude and inconsiderate

My experience with Chris was very short. We messaged for a few days, he always sent good morning messages, and he seemed nice enough. He lived closer than most men I had dated and had a son my daughter's age. This could work. Our first date was a trip to the beach. We had a nice time and planned to meet a second time. He worked in the food industry so his hours were crazy. The night of our second date, he got held up at work, and we had to make new plans. All of the restaurants in the area we planned to go were closed, and he asked me to pick up a movie for a night in. It was a drizzly night that night, and I drove very carefully. When I arrived at his place, it kind of resembled the barn I had visited in a previous post except it had a trailer on it in place of the barn. He led me inside where his roommate was playing video games. This was the first time that I had heard of a roommate. No biggie.

We went to spare room that had an extra tv and started the movie which had one of my favorite actors in it. He talked though out nearly the entire movie. He asked random questions which I tried to answer. Eventually, I needed a bathroom break. The bathroom in that room did not have a door. What is it with bathrooms without doors? He left the room to give me privacy. While in the restroom, I noticed an electric cigarette. Smoking is my pet peeve and even though he appeared to be trying to quit, I was still turned off by this. 

When we got back to the movie, he asked about my drive over. I said something about driving carefully. He wanted to know why.

I proceeded to explain, "Driving in the rain makes me nervous because my mom and sister died in a car accident in weather exactly like this."

Most people would've said something kind, but not this guy. He said, and I quote, "Why you gotta go there?"

"You asked." This response did not sit well with me and as soon as the movie was done, I grabbed it and left. I hoped that he got the picture and would not contact me. He did message me good morning the next day.  I politely responded when I got up. He did not message me for at least twelve hours about company. I was out with friends and did not respond. I have not heard from him since. It's for the best. I need a kind and caring lobster in my life. 

XOXO,
Leia

No comments:

Post a Comment